Dear Girls in Sororities and Boys in Fraternities,
It’s that pit in your stomach. It’s that jealous glance at PNM’s. It’s that gulp that is just too much to swallow. Ultimately, it’s your desire to be in Delta Phi Epsilon.
D Phi E towers over Walnut Park, looking at whatever house you’ve already chosen and laughing at you. Sure, you’re happy. But look at that D Phi E house. Look at that crest. Look at that HOUSE. You want in.
Here are 10 reasons why every Greek girl and guy wishes they were in Delta Phi Epsilon:
1. The house used to be owned by Jay Gatsby. I heard he killed a man…
2. Their colors, purple and gold, symbolize the royal nature of the castle this sorority inhabits.
3. The term “colonizing” makes you think of Pilgrims. You want to have Thanksgiving at that house.
4. You want a second chance at sisterhood and brotherhood!
5. You want to take photos there and submit them to BroBible.
6. DKE is next door. Like I said before, it’s like living in West Egg.
7. I think everyone at one point in time has said to themselves, “Esse Quam Videri.” It’s a common thing to think about.
8. You want to see if you can find old clues and artifacts from A Chi O within the walls of the house.
9. You want to throw your hands up in the air and spin around the front porch of the house, probably throwing dollar bills.
10. You want to sing “D Phi E!” to the tune of "Call on Me." It’s not like you can do that with just any house…
To the founding sisters of Delta Phi Epsilon- don’t be surprised if you see some familiar faces during Rush.